Tasik Kenyir or Kenyir Lake is an artificial lake located in Hulu Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia created in 1985 by the damming of the Kenyir River. The lake provides water to the Sultan Mahmud Power Station. It is the largest man-made lake in mainland South East Asia with an area of 260,000 hectares. Wikipedia
Serves as a hydroelectric dam, Kenyir is also known as a recreational and conservations with many natural attractions such as waterfall and caves and also parks located in the islands within the lake.
Tasik Kenyir or Kenyir Lake located in the interior of Terengganu and spanning over 209,199 hectares and the second largest man made lake in South East Asia. The lake shares the border with Kelantan to the west and Pahang to the south and also serves as another gateway to National Park.
Kenyir Lake has 340 islands, more than 14 waterfalls, several rapids and rivers and home to numerous species of freshwater fish and exotic wildlife. With its rich flora and fauna, visitors may also enjoy tropical and exotic fruits when its in season.
Pengkalan Gawi Jetty is the main checkpoint to get to the speedboats and boathouses. Basic facilities, restaurants, convenient stores and souvenir shops.
▶ Herbs Park
▶ Orchid Park
▶ Butterfly Park
▶ Air Terjun Saok
▶ Air Terjun Lasir
▶ Kelah Sanctuary
▶ Gua Bewah
▶ Gua Taat
Toman 2 Houseboat
Toman 2 is a houseboat with maximum capacity 20 passengers
Each and every of the houseboats in Kenyir is personally designed and crafted locally by the traditional builders and carpenters so u will see strong resemblance of kampong houses with the wooden walls and zinc roof.
In house facilities
✅ 2 Bedroom 🛏
✅ 1 Dorm 🛏
✅ 2 Toilet & Shower 🚿
✅ Gas Stove ( Cooking equipments provided)
✅ TV Hall ( Karaoke & Astro )🎤
✅ BBQ Grill 🍗
✅ 2 Speedboats 🚤
☑ Waterfall swimming
☑ Jungle Trekking
☑ Island Hopping
Boat schedule to suit with weather condition
Local food in Kuala Berang
- sweet corn. stop by the road side stalls in the Kuala Berang town to buy fresh sweet corn and have it boiled, steamed or grilled on the trip.
- keropok lekor. fish based delicacy best boiled or deep fried, available throughout Terengganu.
- freshwater fish. most of mixed rice stall would have fish soup dish. most popular for baung – a type of catfish with soft meat and just the right amount of fat. Ask around where to get ‘ikan baung’
- Houseboat – RM1700 for 2 days 1 nights or RM3400 for 3 days 2 nights toman-2-houseboat
- Saok Waterfall daycamp/overnight camp – RM240 Saok-Waterfall-Camping
- Lasir Waterfall daycamp/overnight camp – Lasir-Waterfall-Camping
Or contact us directly for booking
Other camps near Kenyir
Cherating is in Pahang, next to Terengganu towards Kuala Lumpur side